Monday, February 23, 2009

Tribute

Was out of town this weekend, but had a lovely first drink with a potential on Thurs. He's not too troll-ey, has hair and brought flowers - white roses, a wee Jersey for my horticultural preferences, but he gets points for the tribute.

Tribute.

Noun

S: (n) tribute, testimonial (something given or done as an expression of esteem)

There are, of course many forms of tribute. payment for calls is a tribute. It shows you have invested interest into the exchange. It does not pay my rent, this is not how I make a living. It is how I prefer fer potential subs to contact me. It's how I met the funny little troll who makes my tummy flip.

Tribute sets the mood - the sub has, thought about what he is going to say to me and has thus prepared himself to speak with me. Tribute could be anything from holding bags to purchasing a expensive purse for a Domme, but - it doesn't have to be expensive. A tribute is a gift, as always it is the thought that counts. It does have to be something thats of no direct benefit to the giver, a dinner or a trip togather is not a tribute. A sub paying for a dinner with me and another man is.

But, back to flowers. I'm looking forward to spring, and lilacs and the funny old french man who sells single stems at the farmers market. A single, well selected bloom is far more special then a store-wrapped bouquet, but who really takes the time to choose?

Every flower has a meaning, looked up the meaning of white roses on this site...


Rose, White: Charm, Secrecy, Silence, You're Heavenly, Reverence, Humility, Youthfulness and Innocence


All good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As if I care what you think...