Monday, March 16, 2009

Requiem for OTP

My favorite shoe store is closing. Otto Tootsie Plohound (herein after referred to as OTP) is closing the doors on the flagship 5th ave store, the west village and soho store closed last year. I made out like a bandit, but my success was bittersweet.

Friday was payday, I took a walk down 5th after work thinking maybe a lipstick from Sephora, but I saw these

I Love Love Love them, if I had a fetish - it would be anything ballet, or ballet inspired. Some of my ballet teachers were elegant, controlling French women with tight buns (in their hair) and long limbs. One carried a stick, and she's smack you if you needed to turn out or tuck it, it hurt and she would say "Good,I want it to hurt and I hope you can feel it tomorrow"

OTP was the stuff dreams are made of, girl dreams. Flip-Flip-booties, insane, artful heels. Years a little subbie who followed a friend and I shopping, we hit the annual buy 1 get one sale at OTP and she made the ultimate score, red cowboy boots. I got two pairs of boots, pink and purple - both from FreeLance. Ah, French shoes. My lucky little friend got to carry them all, and they had some issue with bags and apologetically tied the boxes with string. The effect was charming, like something out of a Grace Kelly Movie, except my friend and I were singing;

You down With OTP?
Yeah you know me!
Whos down with OTP?

No comments:

Post a Comment

As if I care what you think...